Good news! We are re-opening the bar at ESSC!
As you will be aware, the government has announced the 'road map' out of lockdown and it is a step-by-step plan to ease restrictions slowly. Within it hospitality is permitted to be open but with restrictions.
We are pleased to announce that the club bar will be open for outside, seated service only starting this week, Friday 16th April. This post outlines how we will be operating to ensure that we are complying with the COVID-secure guidance and taking reasonable steps to minimise risk of transmission of the virus.
Bar opening hours will be:
Fridays: 4.00 - 10.p.m.
Saturdays: 12 - 8 p.m.
Sundays: 12 - 6 p.m.
These hours will be at the discretion of Paul, our bar manager, and may alter depending on the weather and if there are sufficient members wishing to enjoy a drink outside on the balcony or patio area during those times. The bar will only be open to club members initially.
There are a number of rules we need you to follow to ensure we are able to keep everyone safe and well:
- Any member feeling unwell must not come to the club. Any member becoming unwell whilst on the premises must leave and inform the club if they subsequently test positive for the virus
- On arriving at the club, entry is only via the main door. You must press the bar entry bell for Paul to let you know if there is adequate outside seating for entry. A maximum of 2 households or up to 6 people from different households are able to meet outside. If we are up to capacity we will unfortunately have to turn you away on that occasion
- Members must wear face coverings at all times whilst entering and passing through permitted areas of the clubhouse and are asked to maintain social distancing wherever possible, e.g. getting to the outside seating areas on the balcony or patio or for using the toilets
- Once in the foyer members must record their details for Test and Trace purposes either by signing the log on the lectern or using the NHS QR code. Please note: each individual must provide their details and any member that refuses to provide this will be refused entry
- Please use the hand sanitiser at the entrance and around the club to minimise transmission
- Seating is available on the balcony and patio area and entry to these areas will be either through the mezzanine door or through the Function Room bi-fold doors. There is no entry to the bar area itself and these doors will remain locked
- All members must remain seated to order drinks, enjoy their drinks and to make payments. No standing is allowed.
- Paul will take the orders and bring the drinks to the table. Please be patient if Paul finds he has rush on for drinks orders he will be with you as soon as he can. If there is a large order for drinks on the patio, the lift will be used to transport these safely
Signage around the club will help you comply with these measures but if in doubt, please ask Paul or another member for advice. There is no takeaway service this first weekend but the following weekends Den and Lesley will resume this and if there is adequate seating available outside it may be possible for members to enjoy a drink with their takeaway food. Cutlery for this will be provided.
All these plans will be weather dependent and we are hoping that with longer days and hopefully Spring warmth we will be able to enjoy a drink again in our lovely clubhouse albeit in a restricted way. They will also be reviewed regularly in line with government restrictions.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the club over the coming weeks...
Rear Commodore House
Last updated 22:10 on 17 July 2021