Guidelines for Making your Twinchie
Some Ideas for materials to use on your Twinchie, (Not exclusive)
Any natural fabrics: Linen/wool/cotton/silk etc.
Wood: natural or finished
Metal: wire/ thread /thin sheet
Buttons and beads
Twine or hemp string
Maps or charts
Methods (not exclusive)
Artwork (use fabric or acrylic paint)
Recycled vintage fabrics
Be aware some glues may not last a long time.
Further ideas can be found online e.g. Pinterest.
Do's and Don'ts
- In keeping with the club's green ethos, please use sustainable materials.
- The quilt is intended to last another 100 years. Please bear this in mind when choosing materials.
- Make one or no more than two Twinchies per person.
- Use lightweight materials to embellish the Twinchie.
- The Twinchies will be appliqued to the quilt backing, therefore please finish, or neaten the edges of the Twinchie.
- Any colours may be used.
- Any design can be used, which represents something you associate with ESSC.
- The Twinchie can be flat, 3D, or embellished with small objects.
- Please put your name or initials on your Twinchie visibly on the front.
- make the Twinchie any bigger or smaller than 2 inches square.
- allow any overhanging materials, embellishments or small objects
Last updated 21:14 on 9 October 2021