Coronovirus Update March 24th
Published 00:00 on 24 Mar 2020
Slipper Not Happening!
Coronavirus (Covid 19)
The measures to control the above virus have inevitably been 'ramped up' to a full lock-down.
Following a carefully controlled meeting on Monday evening between the Flag Officers and a few other committee members the following was agreed:
- The Slipper Club is Closed until further notice. Please do not attempt to use the. Facilities because there is currently no cleaning taking place.
- Lift-in is postponed until further notice.
- All sailing activities are suspended until further notice.
- All Social activities are suspended until further notice, apart from those conducted online.
- The changing rooms will be closed until further notice.
- Safety boats will not be available for use, except in an emergency.
- Other club boats will not be available for use until further notice.
- Club meetings will be conducted online using Zoom software. Please load up and sign onto the App if you to plan to continue to be involved. Further information will be forwarded to those involved shortly. Technical help will be provided by Jon Keefe.
- Please observe all government advice especially staying at home, not meeting in groups, cleanliness and social distancing at all times.
I am really sorry about all these drastic measures. Hopefully they will not be necessary for too long.
The likely financial cost of certain decisions made last night, but awaiting General Committee agreement will be outlined shortly.
To help spread these costs and ensure Den and Lesley's catering business is not further interrupted this year it is likely that the Galley and Toilet refurbishment will be delayed until next year.
Any members (or otherwise) or if you know of such people struggling to cope with self isolation, please feel free to ask for help with collecting supplies, gardening, repairs etc... We have a lot of younger members who I am sure we can muster to offer assistance!
We will keep you up to date with any further developments.
Best wishes to all.
Last updated 17:02 on 10 February 2021