BRAND NEW ESSC Patrol Boat Slipper Two.
Published 15:34 on 28 Jun 2022
Introducing our new Ballistic 4.8m Rib with 40hp Yamaha outboard, enclosed fuel and battery lockers, separate padded seats, shiny new must-see orange tubes and stainless-steel towing arch with navigation lights and electric bilge pump. She even has floor level lighting for those late-night races! For those using her for the first time there are a couple of things to look out for:
- Fuel locker is under the console behind the black locker door which has easy lift-and-twist locks. Fuel tanks are in the fuel store as normal
- Fuel primer pump is also inside this locker
- There is a battery ON/OFF cut out switch mounted on the back of the helm's seat, which needs to be on for use and should be left in the OFF position after use
- Fire Extinguisher is in rear seat locker
- There is an automatic bilge pump under the black plate in the stern. This is on all the time and does not need to be touched. Likewise, the black plate does not need to be removed at any time
- The 'elephants' trunks can be used in the event of swamping
- In the event of evening use the lights are all controlled from the switch panel
- The anchor is stowed in the bow locker below the seat
- The metal ring on the bow is NOT for mooring up to
- For low-speed running, seating the crew in the bow helps with trim
- Towing can be done from the rope bridle or the hook on the top of the 'A frame' arch
There is a new launching trolly due to be delivered in the next few weeks. In the meantime, she can be launched from the road trailer. Take care when releasing the winch hook as the boat is finely balanced on the trailer and may run off/self-launch unexpectedly! Also, when washing down, please wash off around the wheels and bearings with the freshwater hose.
Last updated 17:49 on 30 July 2022